20060227

hami?

Where are you from? Penang.
I am a typical Penang gal. as in I born in Penang, grow up in Penang.

After study in KL,
I found out that I have some "symptoms" of being a Penang gal.

1. There will be some slang after my sentence.
"ya la..."
"why like that oo~?"
"ok lo..."
I not so sure about that, but almost all of the friends (not from Pg) will say that. Wondering, Penang people really like that???

2.then, half way talking....there will be some "pop ups" of Hokkien words ler.
the most famous of mine...
"hami suu" (what's wrong?)
"wa, chubi.." (it's cute)
friends around me will know, cause when the first time they hear...for sure become "8 ears" (means blur)...
hahaa...so, what will I do? hmm, become a Hokkien teacher and explain for them lo.

--honestly speaking, my Hokkien only kindergarten level, but still not so bad here oo~~ --

3.Then, the last "symptom", (i think only happen on me)
like to compare food.
when eating curry mee...."wah, there's another stall in Penang...very nice one!!!"
eating Har mee (Hokkien mee in Pg)....."you know, there's two famous Hokkien mee in Pg..."
then, my friends will normally.....
..
...
speechless. haha..
but now,most of them get used dee.

;)

but, really o....Penang food is nice oo....
even this duck drumstick mee.....(Pg's one also nicer oo...)
Image hosting by Photobucket


opps...
**cough cough..**

4 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger simon said...

you're just like rishant
the last one especially!!
grrrrr

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger vynn-may said...

simon>coz we are from Pg ma...
hahaha

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger hcpen said...

interestin to find a fellow penang person's blog...all malaysians know penang has the BEST food,haha..

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger vynn-may said...

hcpen> o ya, so agree with u~~ love pg food oo....
;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home